Dear St. Andrew’s Family,
The contractor is beginning significant work on the main entrance to the Sanctuary Narthex (foyer) this week. They held off on this work as long as they could, as it will clearly be somewhat disruptive, but we now need to move ahead with this in order to stay on track with our timeline. Here are some important details to be aware of …
- A temporary archway/barricade is being constructed today just inside the Narthex. This archway will be in place for the next 4-6 weeks.
- Today, the existing glass doors to the Narthex will be removed and stored for later reinstallation down in the Family Center and classroom hallway.
- For the next month or so, the temporary archway inside the Narthex will be boarded up with plywood. During the week, access into the Sanctuary will be available only through the double doors on either side of the Sanctuary, the glass stairwell door to the Narthex, and the back door near the restrooms.
- For worship services on Saturday and Sunday, temporary plywood from the archway inside the Narthex will be removed so that you can access the Sanctuary safely through the main entry.
- In the next week or two, scaffolding will be mounted outside the main entrance to the Narthex for the contractor to build the new screen walls and make modifications/repairs to the existing exterior surfaces. Safe passageways under this scaffolding will be created and maintained for access on weekends.
As always, we greatly appreciate your patience and workability during this exciting time of transition. Click Here for more information and updates or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.