Hey St. Andrew’s,
Do you like kids? Are you looking for a meaningful way to show God’s love in this time? If so, boy do we have the opportunity for you! Each year, our partner Royal Family Kids’ hosts a week-long camp for Orange County foster youth. These 6-11 year old kids are often some of the most neglected in our society and we want to shower them with God’s love and our care.
In lieu of our normal five day, overnight camp in the San Diego area, we will have a three day, safe, local, day camp right here in Orange County. There has never been an easier time to serve at camp and to be a tangible representation of God’s love to his precious ones. Would you prayerfully consider joining?
The pivot to do this year’s iteration of camp was just determined, and time is of the essence. If you’re interested, please sign up ASAP. The first training for new volunteers is via Zoom, this Saturday, July 11 from 9:00-11:00 a.m (but if you can’t make that, still sign up and we will find an alternative). We do this camp in partnership with Rock Harbor and Shepherd’s Grove churches and we celebrate the community that is cultivated amongst. To register for camp, we need you to do two things:
- Sign-up on our church website at mysapres.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/967/responses/new
- Complete your registration at rockharbor.royalfamilykids.org/
Tell me more about registration and serving:
- Once you register, you will be assigned to one or more of the following: counselor, photographer, videographer, worship team, drama, birthday party team, cleaning/safety and many more.
- You can either serve for all three days (preferred), OR just on Saturday for the big all camp birthday party (many of these kiddos only have their birthday acknowledged and celebrated at camp, so we try to go all out).
- To mitigate the risks and concerns related to COVID, our preferred volunteer is between the age of 18-50.
- Cost to serve at camp (which covers you and the kids attending) is $200. St. Andrew’s has scholarships available, so don’t let money deter you.
- There are only 10-15 spots available for St. Andrew’s folks to serve, so sign up quickly.
- If you are serving as a family or small group, great, but no one under 18 who has not registered is allowed to join.
- The location is very near Newport, but remains undisclosed in order to protect the campers.
Schedule for camp?
Wednesday, July 29
12:00 – 5:00 p.m. | Set up
5:00 – 9:00 p.m. | Dinner, training, devo, prayer walk around camp
Thursday – Saturday, July 30 – August 1
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. | Daily Volunteer commitment
8:30 a.m. | Kiddos arrive, breakfast and separated out into their color groups
4:00 p.m. | Kiddos head back to their home
- Thursday will be a crazy hat, sock, and hair day
- Lunch will be a social distance/ safe, iteration of the RFK tea party
- Friday is a luau theme
- Saturday is team color day and the big RFK birthday party
But is it safe? I mean, it’s COVID, after all…
Royal Family & the fabulous leadership team have taken every step possible to ensure everyone’s safety and still put on the camp. Campers will be divided up in groups of 8 and there will be one to two counselors per kid. Group size will not exceed 14.
For questions, please email email@example.com.